Friday, April 13, 2018

humans of LBCC 2


Chris Mattson
“My name is Chris Mattson I have been a public safety officer here at LBCC coming up on Five years now. I started off as a bouncer at the age of 18 and I’ve been doing that for 22 years now. During my career as a bouncer I have been shot two times, once in the arm and once in the back by a man that was driving away after a bar fight.  I have also worked in the department of corrections up in Washington for several years as S.W.A.T./E.R.T. officer. I have also worked on government contracts and as a defensive tactics instructor at the police academy. I come from a long line of law enforcement in my family, all most everyone on my mom’s side of the family was involved in law enforcement.  In my free time I enjoy fishing and bow hunting all over Oregon.”



                                                             IMG_2048.JPG
                                                                               Garret Gates

“Hi, I’m Garret Gates I have been a student at LBCC for about a year and a half now. I’m currently pursing my associates of arts with an Oregon transfer degree. I really like LBCC because all the staff and students are super chill. After I finish my associates degree I plan to move to bend and learn to fly. My dream job is to fly people around on scenic tours of the Grand Canyon.  When I’m not studying or working I enjoy playing basketball outside with my friends even when it’s raining. One time I played for so long in the rain my fingers started getting all wrinkled like raisins. I also like to go riding my bike around Corvallis as well as fishing on the river.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment