Friday, April 6, 2018

Humans of LBCC

    
Eric Smith 
                                             

How long have you been cutting hair? “I’ve been cutting hair for 46 years, I’ve been here in sweet home cutting hair for five years now.”
What inspired you to be a barber? “The people. I enjoy meeting all the interesting characters, in all walks of life. My brother also inspired me to become a barber, I enjoyed working with him as a hair dresser.” Eric chucked as he said, “I was attracted to that line of work because of all the beautiful women.”
Where did you start cutting hair? “I started cutting hair in Los Angles with my brother in the late 70’s. we started off slow then went on to open 14 shops across Hawaii, California and Oregon.”
Does business pick up in the spring and summer months? “I’m busy all year around. Hair all grows the same, it doesn’t matter what time of the year it is.”
How many people do you think come in for a hair cut each week? “I see hundreds of people each week here. I’m open from 7 o’clock in the morning from about 5 in the evening and I’m busy most of the day.”



Rachel Moll


How long have you worked at LBCC? “I have been at LBCC since September 2017”
What is your favorite part about this job? “I get to work with food and I have really great co-workers.”
What is your favorite thing to make? “I like to make berry cobbler.” Rachel also jokingly added “she likes eating all desserts.”
What are your plans for after LBCC? “My future goal is to open my own restaurant with a seasonal garden so that its self-sufficient.” Rachel also added “I want to have a Greek themed atmosphere and menu as well, with the garden surrounding the restaurant.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment